Monday, September 1, 2008

]-[ong's Newsletter Vol.03

Hi peeps... It's been a while since I do this...
I really enjoyed the time with you all when I went back to Singapore. We got to do it sometime when I'm back in Dec.

So I got a job as a shampoo boy for the doggies in a grooming center. Been working there every Saturday. Pay isn't that much, but it is enough for me to last for a couple of week. ;)

09/08/2008 - Soiree
It's a big event in International House (IH), where we display the different culture around the world. AS IN FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Yum yum...
I didn't help out in the different stall cause I got to work on that day, but I managed to come back in time before the whole event ended. Watched some stupid show that the residents here put up.

10/08/2008 - EKKA (Exhibition Day)
It a big carnival in Brisbane, last for a week, we even got a day off for that. Went to EKKA with my friends from IH.






Crazy hairdo DUCK!!!




15/08/2008 - Poultry
My first animal handling practical. We got to drive to another campus which is more inland. Took us about 1hr30min to reach there.. Cant believe I got to stay there from 3rd yr onward... SUCK!


Me and my chick

Vaccinating the chick



Blood drawing from the wing

My group members

GROUP HUGZ!!!!! YEAH!!!!


17/08/2008 - Malay night

Went to buy groceries in the morning and prepared to have a cook up night. Having a malay night. So cooked beef redang, nasi lemak and sambal vege.. Yummy!!!!

22/08/2008 - Piggery
Went to the piggery for our 2nd practical. Was fun but I was very tired after that and fall sick the next day... Saw piglets being borne and fed them colostrum to boost their health. Trimmed the teeth and dock the tail of the piglets. Pretty cool. Got so stinky at the end of the practical!





Boots eating piglets!


31/08/2008 - Horse Riding Session
I promised myself that I will learn how to ride a horse during my vet school life. So i went to a day course about riding. Hopped on the horse when we reached and then went for an hr trekking on the horse.. Fun but with a price to pay, butt hurts so badly now!!!!










Oh well.. I think I got to stop here.. Been stressing a lot from the school work... Getting white hairs now... OMG!!! :(
Hope everyone is doing fine in Singapore...

Cheers with LOVE!
Shu

No comments: